Skip to content

Mold on my AC vents causing illness of my house guests

I am always cleaning my house.

I recently noticed that the air vents in my guest washroom were really dirty, but recently, my pal and I had some guests from out of village to stay with us.

Midway through their visit, they both came down with a nasty cold. My buddy and I figured the chilly was easily due to lack of sleep in addition to other factors that were travel related. They had to travel 9 hours to get here, so the jet lag in addition to the weather difference would be enough to attribute to an illness. It was not until after they left that I noticed that there was mold growing on the inside of the air conditioner vents in the bedroom in addition to washroom where they stayed in our home. I immediately took the air conditioner vents off of the ceiling in addition to threw them away. I found updatement vents online in addition to bought them. I wanted to make sure all of the mold was gone in addition to that no more illnesses would occur as a result of this mold. I looked online in addition to learned that the only way to get rid of mold completely is to use hydrogen peroxide in addition to then bleach it away. I got a bottle of peroxide in addition to climbed a ladder up into the air ducts. They were so dirty that I even needed to bring a steamer in addition to a roll of paper towels to help get the job done. Thankfully, everything was resolved in addition to the mold has not returned in the air vents.


heating industry