Skip to content

Mold on my AC vents causing illness of my house guests

I am always cleaning my house.

I recently observed that the air vents in my guest bathroom were truly dirty.

Recently, my associate and I had some guests from out of town to stay with us. Midway through their visit, they both came down with a nasty cold. My friend and I figured the frosty was honestly due to lack of sleep as well as other factors that were travel related. They had to travel 9 hours to get here, so the jet lag as well as the weather difference would be enough to attribute to an illness. It was not until after they left that I observed that there was mold growing on the inside of the cooling system vents in the study room as well as bathroom where they stayed in our home. I right away took the cooling system vents off of the ceiling as well as threw them away. I found updatement vents online as well as purchased them. I wanted to make sure all of the mold was gone as well as that no more illnesses would occur as a result of this mold. I looked online as well as learned that the only way to get rid of mold completely is to use hydrogen peroxide as well as then bleach it away. I got a bottle of peroxide as well as climbed a ladder up into the air ducts. They were so dirty that I even needed to bring a steamer as well as a roll of paper towels to help get the job done. Thankfully, everything was resolved as well as the mold has not returned in the air vents.

radiant floor heating