Skip to content

There was too much humidity in the RV (mold)

Humidity can cause a lot of problems.

Even though it might only be 90° outside, the humidity might feel like the temperatures are hitting triple digits.

Our bodies are naturally sensitive to humidity. Our body has to sweat to cool down and humidity can keep moisture on the skin. That makes us feel much harder than it actually is. Inside of the house, humidity can cause problems too. Humidity can lead to mold and mildew. My wife and I had a problem with too much humidity in our RV and it caused mold growth. We didn’t realize there was a huge problem until it was time for us to move the RV to a new location. I started cleaning up all of the areas near the table and that’s when I noticed mold near the window and the floor. I move the table and the carpet and found more mold and mildew. The crazy thing about the problem is the fact that we have a portable air conditioner with a dehumidifier and we weren’t using the dehumidifier feature. As soon as we turned on the portable air conditioner and set the dehumidifier up, all of the moisture started to disappear. I cleaned all of the mold with enzymes and a bleach solution and I made sure that the area was dry before I put all of the furniture back. We run the air conditioner and the dehumidifier almost every day now, especially when we are cooking or boiling water or the temperatures outside are especially warm and humid.
air conditioning company